Pages

Find Us On Facebook

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

SS Timeline: Foot In Mouth Edition


Saturday Jan. 12, 2008
11:28 a.m. -
Rock Band is still on my list of games I want to buy, but until I really get a strong reason to keep playing it past the first two months, I don't think it'll become a part of the SS gaming family. - SS

Approximately 8:37 p.m. - A copy of Rock Band for the Xbox 360 was purchased and brought to the SS household. I didn't buy it, my roommate did. Either way, it comes home with me.

Sunday Jan. 12, 2008
12:15 a.m. - We have been playing Rock Band non-stop since we opened the box. I must admit that this game is a whole lot more fun than Guitar Hero due to its multi-player.

2:30 p.m. - I have decided that I want to play guitar and sing at the same time, so I construct a make-shift microphone stand out of PVC piping and loads of duct tape. It's not glamorous, but it works.

5:00 p.m. - Rock Band is transported to [my best friend] Matt's house and the fun from the night before continues. We even go as far as to buy a few songs from the Xbox Live Marketplace. This is getting serious.

Monday Jan. 14, 2008
All Day - I have the song Maps by the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs stuck in my head, and I won't be satisfied til I play it. And so ... the 360 gets turned on again. Some time around 6:00 p.m., Matt shows up to take on his role as the band's drummer and we play our hearts out.

Tuesday Jan. 15, 2008
11:15 a.m. - Fourth day in a row that Rock Band as been played. Last three nights have been Rock Band with friends. Since the game has become a routine, me playing bass guitar, my buddy Joel on the lead guitar, Matt on drums and my roommate, Patty, singing lead vocals, I figured it's time to try and memorize a song.

1:00 p.m. - I have successfully memorized Maps on hard with the bass guitar. I have come to the conclusion that the game is worth every penny, (even though I didn't buy it) and that this might be the most fun I have had playing a game since Halo 3's release. I laugh as I look back and remember how I thought that I, a shooter fan, would never like a music game, but I was proven wrong. And as a gamer, there's truly nothing wrong with that.

- R

image: http://www.topplebush.com/humor/mtw_bushfootinmouth.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Man Behind This Blog