Pages

Find Us On Facebook

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A New Year Means New Games


Happy New Year! I'm finally back home from a vacation in my home town, visiting friends and getting inebriated on anything and everything. So, I received some late Xmas presents that made me all warm inside. My brother came through like a promiscuous hillbilly locked in a petting zoo during mating season (too much?) when he got me a nice hefty Best Buy gift card and Call of Duty 4 for the Xbox 360. I had previously played the title and it was just amazing, but my bank account didn't agree with me at the time. Also, Mrs. Select Start is happy because our best friends got us the Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action game, which Mrs. SS is is a fan of the board game version. And then to round off, GameFly sent me Super Mario Galaxy in the mail and I'll finally get the chance to play it comfortably now that I caught up on most of 2007s other major titles.

As for my New Year's Resolution, it was to find a way to keep my dog protected from the bobcat-sized possum that roams our neighborhood before it eats him. When I say "bobcat-sized" I am not exaggerating, I am actually contemplating on searching the web for small, economical, household electrical fences to fry the bastard. Hmm, I wonder if I could use the gift card on that, does Best Buy sell high-voltage fencing, have they ever? I'll probably just use it to venture into the PC gaming world since I have been wanting to try out Company of Heroes or World in Conflict. Oh well, but I bet that fence thing would have been pretty neat when that rat just meandered into it. Would've been like squeak, ZAP, crackle, thud, sizzle then ding, HOORAY!

- R


image: http://www.skinbase.org/files/archive/shots/271/Happy_New_Year_by_clwoods.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Man Behind This Blog