Pages

Find Us On Facebook

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Rapper Redman Wants In On More Games

Blogger, www.games.mattsarrel.com, had an interview with rapper Redman about his hobby of playing games and his involvement in EA's Def Jam: Icon.

In the interview, Redman played a round with blogger Matt Sarrel and talked about his gaming past.

I had Atari. I had Coleco. So, yeah. I even had a Jaguar when it was out for a minute. I played a lot as a kid, but when I was introduced to Doom it took it to another level.
Redman also said he was a fan of the first-person shooter genre and of the Doom franchise.

Yeah, man. I always wanted to meet the motherf***ers who did Doom.
In EA's Def Jam: Icon, which was released on March 6th, gamers can take the role of Redman and enjoy whooping other rappers with it's interactive background.

When asked about his characters in Def Jam: Icon, Redman stated:

Yeah. I love it. The thing is with all my characters in all the games they come up to me and say 'Yo, your character is hard as hell to whup.'
On a side note, I was going to add a few comments about the interview but here are some quotes that sum it up.

Beginning of interview:
Redman enters
MDS [blogger]: How’s it going?
Redman: It’s just the bomb, man. The bomb. Smoked this (holds up mostly smoked blunt) We all ready for business.

Um...OK.

A little lower in the interview:
MDS: I gotta tell you, Redman. I am a huge fan of yours. Much of my time in the mid ‘90’s was spent playing video games and listening to your music.
Redman: And getting high.

Wait, is this a legitimate interview?

In the middle of the interview:
Kudo [someone else in the room]: Why don’t you two guys fight it out?
Redman: Yeah, while we’re getting high.

Call me naive but I think he just validated that rapper/marijuana connection we always knew existed.

Luckily by then, most of the smoking references end and the real news begins, but what can we say when he makes songs titled: Boodah Break, Boodah Session and A Million and 1 Boodah Spots.

Nuff' said.

-R

P.S. I apologize for not updating the site more often, but we can thank a friend of mine for giving me the boot. Thanks Steve.

*http://games.mattsarrel.com/2007/03/the_redman_interview.html
*image courtesy of www.vh1.com and from Def Jam: Vendetta

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Man Behind This Blog