Pages

Find Us On Facebook

Monday, December 24, 2007

Twas the night before Xmas - A Select Start Remake


Twas the night before Xmas, and all were indoors,
Not a gamer was playing, they gave up on Contra 4.

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that they would be safe from that thieving Altair.

The gamers were nestled, all snug in their beds,
While visions of Jade Raymond danced in their heads.

Miss SS in her peejays and I ready to snooze,
Had just settled down after a night full of booze.

When outside the house came such a noise then a crash,
Like Freeman I grabbed a crowbar, ready to bash.

I jumped in a nearby box, I moved with a shake,
Got close to the window stealthy - like Solid Snake.

The sight of the night sky was so clear and so bright,
That I saw myself in a mirror and wondered if I was mentally alright.

When, what to my pondering eyes may appear,
But a warthog-looking sleigh and six Grunts, dressed like reindeer.

With a driver behind the wheel, his armor battered but still sleek,
I knew at that moment, that it must be the Master Chief.

And so quickly they flew, out of order and in disarray,
That the Chief got angry and yelled out their names:

“On lead one and lead two! Stay steady three and four!
Get in line five and six! I won’t repeat this anymore!”

So up to the driveway the little grunts flew,
A sack full of toys and the Master Chief, too.

I was turned around and startled by the shattering of my door,
That bastard kicked it in, it laid in shambles on the floor.

He was dressed in his armor, from his head to his feet.
And he wore a Santa hat, one that covered the helmet’s peak.

A bundle of toys he had flung on his back,
And he pulled out guns and grenades his sack.

His visor - how it reflected! His movements – so fast!
Twenty bucks says that he could severely kick my ass!

He muttered to himself, as I stared and stood still.
I said hi, hello and how are you, but nothing – damn, bad social skills.

He finally stood up and looked, he was fit with no fat on his belly,
The armor was magnificent, and yet a little bit smelly.

He gave a me thumbs up and so did the hologram female,
Probably an apology for the door, sorry Chief expect a repair bill in the mail.

And so Cortana looked at the chimney, she analyzed each brick,
The Chief nodded, jumped up and destroyed it. God, what a prick!

He yelled as the Grunts flew up, and this may sound kind of lame,
“Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good game!”


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

- R

Image: http://images.google.com/url?q=http://www.christcenteredmall.com/stores/art/barnes/the-night-before-christmas-zoom.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHLzCHRFkDqu8YFZZHvcnaJS1J5QA



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Man Behind This Blog